Monday, November 8, 2010

{Missionaries}

Last night we had the missionaries over for dinner. Elder Weight and Elder Lunt. Elder Weight is from Kaysville, Utah. His parents actually live in Ryan's parents ward. It is such a small world. Ryan's parents have brought him up packages from his parents a few times. I had big plans for Elder Weight in our ward Sacrament Christmas program. He plays the piano wonderfully, I was so hoping to utilize that talent. Apparently the Lord had other plans for him in Anaconda. Such is life.
I love the spirit that those young men bring into our homes and am grateful every month that we are blessed to feed them.
We ended the night with piano concert from Elder Weight and Sam and violin from Noah. It was so fun to just sit and listen to them and their talents.
Elder Weight bore his testimony in Mongolian in testimony meeting yesterday. He was supposed to serve his mission in Mongolia, but the Mongolian government changed the number of visas they would issue and he never got one. I can only imagine the disappointment, not Mongolia, Montana. He had such a powerful testimony of being where the Lord wants you to be, even if it's not what you originally planned. I so can testify of that one. When deciding to move to Montana, we knew we were supposed to come...It burned within us without a doubt. Getting here, it was not what we thought, it has been really hard, but how can we question that this is where we are supposed to be? We can't, we just do the best we can and enjoy it, because for some reason we are where we need to be, that I trust. I trust in him who knows me and my family more completely than I know myself. I am so grateful for that knowlege.

5 comments:

Kaysville W8s said...

Melanie,
Thank you so much for sharing your home and family with my son. LaVonne told me about your blog post and it was awesome to read about our son through your eyes. We are sad he's leaving your area, but happy for his new opportunities. Thank you again for opening your home and heart.
Love,
Cheryl Weight

Maughan Clan said...

So glad to hear that your boys have missionaries to look up to and work towards. They are indeed all choice, fine young men called of our Father in Heaven. Small world indeed... it is interesting just how small it is in the gospel!
Glad to hear your boys are practicing their "talents". They will be a blessing to many lives. We are so happy for you all, though there are hard times and hard things, we always grow in trusting in the Lord.

Anonymous said...

When did Noah take up the Violin?

Julie Pitcher said...

I miss seeing you! You just made me happy! I am glad you're here, even if parts of it have been crappy! I very much feel that way about our move here, and on difficult days, I think, 'what the heck? If this is where I'm supposed to be, then why this?'...I suppose my lesson has been that I should just wrap my family up...and do nothing else! With the exception of girls night...that and my family. That is my purpose!

Megs said...

I love hearing missionary stories. I always hope there is someone in France as nice as you to feed my brother. I don't know if I told you that Michael got sent to France and then his Visa to Belgium didn't come through so they sent him to Louisiana. He was disappointed but did great. In fact when his visa to Belgium came he was sad to leave Baton Rouge. He had grown to love the people in that short of a time. It has been fun to see my baby bro grow up so much in just a short time.