I have to admit I kinda like the Carpenter's song..."Rainy days and Mondays" but yesterday, we didn't let it get us down. Ryan's mom had left us instructions on how to make PVC pipe bows, and although I wasn't excited about the prospect of making them, Sam convinced me that it needed to be done, so we headed off to Home Depot to get the stuff we needed. If you try making this, which I highly recommend, be sure to haul your whole crew into Home Depot and let them carry the 10 foot long PVC pipe and 4 foot long wooden dowels all through the isles as you pass tons of people who give you really crazy stares, it really adds to the fun of it all. I am serious. It was quite entertaining. I heard all sorts of crazy comments. Really does no one have six kids anymore, come on people!

Here's the finished project. It was so fun to make and really inexpensive. Mara even needed in on the action. They work really well, and shoot really far. The kids have been playing with them ever since. Here's the instructions:
40" 1/2 " PVC pipe
3 16" wooden dowells
colored electrical tape
nylon twine
Decorate PVC pipe
Cut a notch in the end of the PVC and the end of the dowells
Tie a knot in the ends of the twine and stretch (Pull really hard)
Wa La
Bow and Arrow
3 comments:
I really have to try this. I am a little worried about the distance the arrows will go because we have 5 ft between our house and the neighbors.
We just might have to try this one. When life is sane again.
What a fun project!! What did you shoot? Looks like you are all very good archers! I miss you guys!!
Love, Granny
Post a Comment